Sunday, August 17, 2014

A Very Easy Room Decor DIY

A Very Easy (and Pretty) Room Decor DIY


Hi you guys. Sorry for not posting the past few days. Today I decided to do a little DIY and I thought I would share with you guys!

Materials:

  • Tiny canvas from Joanns (or any craft store). These were $1.99. Get as many as you would like. I just did three.
  • Watercolors and paint brush
  • Sharpie or a paint pen
  • Paper towel
So basically I bought these canvas's about two or three weeks ago and I gave been trying to decide what to do with them! They are just so adorable! Today I finally came up with a good idea. I picked a color scheme of green, blue, purple, and pink. I just did little splotches of three different colors on each canvas. After that I waited for it to dry a little then dabbed at the paint with a paper towel to make the colors a little lighter. I went over the watercolors again and then dabbed a little bit with a paper towel if necessary. Once they were dry I just wrote some of my favorite quotes on them. I am so happy with how they turned out! If you don't want to do quotes, you can write your initials, a note to a friend, a little picture, or really anything!

In case you can't read them, they quotes are (I got all of them from tumblr):

"Raise your words not your voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder"

"Anyone who takes the time to be kind is beautiful."

"A flower does not think of competing to the flower next to it. It just blooms." -Zen Shin

(The final product below)


I just used three thumbtacks and hung them up three inches apart. I originally wanted them to be straight but I really like how this looks so I kept it. It is right next to my desk in my bedroom so I think the quotes are a really nice encouragement! If you do this you should email me a picture!

Much love,
Grace


No comments:

Post a Comment