Thursday, August 7, 2014

Getting Your Wisdom Teeth Out in Style

Hi! I got my wisdom teeth out this morning and I am already feeling great so I thought I would make a post. This is really silly, but I thought I would give you all some tips about getting your wisdom teeth out as well as some potential outfits for the procedure and home.

So first off, you usually get them out somewhat early in the morning. I arrived at the dental office at 7:50 AM and went back to the room at 8:00. So you should definitely wear something very comfy. Also, I was very cold this morning even though they gave me a blanket, so make sure you are prepared for that. Here is an outfit idea and also some hoodies that will keep you nice and warm.

Afterwards you are probably going to feel kinda weird and sleepy. For me it only lasted an hour. At first I couldn't really walk, but I sat down in a chair and watched a movie and felt much better. I tried to drink water but I still had gauze in my mouth so I couldn't swallow and I spit it up all over myself (yeah, nasty I am sorry). After we took the gauze out, I was able to eat some soup and take the prescribed pain pills. 

You are going to want to make sure you have lots of soft foods that you do not need to chew (also the medicine makes me starving so I can't stop eating- yogurt, chocolate pudding, ice cream, etc.). I have watched three movies so far. The numbness in my mouth has worn off and I am feeling really good. It is going to be a very quick, easy, painless recovery. 

Basically if you are going to get your wisdom teeth out, do not worry (I was so worried). It is so easy, you won't feel a thing. It's not even bad after, I mean what's better than having an excuse to eat ice cream and  watch movies all day.

Thanks for reading!

Much love,
Grace


No comments:

Post a Comment